The 3 Most Critical Components to Building a Business
Succeeding in business is often a combination of ingenuity, hard work, perseverance, and, yes, even luck. But there are a few things you can do to ensure that the odds are in your favor. Here are three things that are absolutely vital to building a successful business.
1. You must be passionate about your business! This level of passion requires genuine commitment and belief in your company’s mission. If you aren’t passionate about what you do, you can’t expect your employees to be passionate. Passion is contagious! Unfortunately, a lack of passion is also contagious. Without passion, neither you nor your employees are going to present a positive image to your customers. Passion starts with the business owner!
2. You must build a unique culture that identifies and recognizes your top-performing employees. This can be a formal process but, it has been my experience that an informal process can be much more meaningful to the employee receiving the recognition. If you want more of “IT,” reward “IT.” Here are a few ideas:
- small gift certificates for meals or entertainment
- a small surprise bonus
- an unscheduled day (or afternoon) off
- a small office celebration recognizing an employee’s achieved goal
3. You must strive to exceed your customers’ expectations. No matter what product or service you deliver, make sure that your business exceeds your customer’s expectation. Or go even further, PROVIDE FOR YOUR CUSTOMERS DESIRES AND UNRECOGINZED NEEDS. If you can achieve this level of customer satisfaction you’ll turn your customers into a network of testimonial-providing fanatics. The best salesman you’ll ever have is an enthusiastic customer that is thrilled, and beyond, with you and your business.
READ MORE FROM AMERICAN COMMERCIAL CAPITAL
Are you doing enough to generate opportunities for your business? The Ambitious Life host Greg Rollett says that most entrepreneurs are failing in this regard, so he shares a few quick tips to rectify this in our latest video roundup. Also on deck: Marie Forleo answers questions from entrepreneurs and small-business owners on her live call-in show, Brian Tracy gives advice on how to stay motivated through the thick and…
In our latest roundup of great videos for entrepreneurs and small-business owners, Brian Tracy dishes out some wisdom to help you accumulate wealth, Evan Carmichael and Stephen Kelly describe the first steps you should take in starting a business (and some mistakes to avoid), and Gary Vaynerchuk reveals the secrets to his success. Plus, Babak Azad of Round Two Partners talks about how he helped fitness company Beachbody scale beyond…
Another week, another roundup of enlightening and motivating videos to help entrepreneurs and small-business owners take their companies to the next level. This time around, Tony Robbins reveals how to master your business, Jeff Rose shares 10 books he says that every entrepreneur should read, and Brian Tracy discusses how to make your team feel appreciated (and how that will benefit your business). Plus, Entrepreneur‘s Kate Volman offers up some…