The 3 Most Critical Components to Building a Business
Succeeding in business is often a combination of ingenuity, hard work, perseverance, and, yes, even luck. But there are a few things you can do to ensure that the odds are in your favor. Here are three things that are absolutely vital to building a successful business.
1. You must be passionate about your business! This level of passion requires genuine commitment and belief in your company’s mission. If you aren’t passionate about what you do, you can’t expect your employees to be passionate. Passion is contagious! Unfortunately, a lack of passion is also contagious. Without passion, neither you nor your employees are going to present a positive image to your customers. Passion starts with the business owner!
2. You must build a unique culture that identifies and recognizes your top-performing employees. This can be a formal process but, it has been my experience that an informal process can be much more meaningful to the employee receiving the recognition. If you want more of “IT,” reward “IT.” Here are a few ideas:
- small gift certificates for meals or entertainment
- a small surprise bonus
- an unscheduled day (or afternoon) off
- a small office celebration recognizing an employee’s achieved goal
3. You must strive to exceed your customers’ expectations. No matter what product or service you deliver, make sure that your business exceeds your customer’s expectation. Or go even further, PROVIDE FOR YOUR CUSTOMERS DESIRES AND UNRECOGINZED NEEDS. If you can achieve this level of customer satisfaction you’ll turn your customers into a network of testimonial-providing fanatics. The best salesman you’ll ever have is an enthusiastic customer that is thrilled, and beyond, with you and your business.
READ MORE FROM AMERICAN COMMERCIAL CAPITAL
Invoice factoring is a type of business financing unfamiliar to many small business owners. It provides a business with working capital and solves cash-flow problems, but it’s not like a bank loan or credit. So let’s break down invoice factoring and explain exactly what it is and how it can benefit your business.
So, what the heck is invoice factoring?
Invoice factoring is when…
In this week’s business video roundup, Gary Vaynerchuk asks the leaders behind major companies like Logitech and McDonald’s how they stay close to culture, Brian Tracy reveals how to get started developing successful habits that will help you achieve your goals, and Marie Forleo talks entrepreneurship with Floret Farm’s Erin Benzakein, who has successfully guided her business from garage startup to global distribution. Plus,…
In this week’s roundup of great videos for entrepreneurs and business owners, Gary Vaynerchuk talks about why hyper-focus can lead to missed opportunities, Marie Forleo reveals how to stay motivated when you’re being pulled in multiple directions at once, and Brendon Burchard explains five practices that every great leader must implement. Plus, five leadership lessons from Apple CEO Tim Cook and CNBC’s incisive look…