The 3 Most Critical Components to Building a Business
Succeeding in business is often a combination of ingenuity, hard work, perseverance, and, yes, even luck. But there are a few things you can do to ensure that the odds are in your favor. Here are three things that are absolutely vital to building a successful business.
1. You must be passionate about your business! This level of passion requires genuine commitment and belief in your company’s mission. If you aren’t passionate about what you do, you can’t expect your employees to be passionate. Passion is contagious! Unfortunately, a lack of passion is also contagious. Without passion, neither you nor your employees are going to present a positive image to your customers. Passion starts with the business owner!
2. You must build a unique culture that identifies and recognizes your top-performing employees. This can be a formal process but, it has been my experience that an informal process can be much more meaningful to the employee receiving the recognition. If you want more of “IT,” reward “IT.” Here are a few ideas:
- small gift certificates for meals or entertainment
- a small surprise bonus
- an unscheduled day (or afternoon) off
- a small office celebration recognizing an employee’s achieved goal
3. You must strive to exceed your customers’ expectations. No matter what product or service you deliver, make sure that your business exceeds your customer’s expectation. Or go even further, PROVIDE FOR YOUR CUSTOMERS DESIRES AND UNRECOGINZED NEEDS. If you can achieve this level of customer satisfaction you’ll turn your customers into a network of testimonial-providing fanatics. The best salesman you’ll ever have is an enthusiastic customer that is thrilled, and beyond, with you and your business.
READ MORE FROM AMERICAN COMMERCIAL CAPITAL
In this week’s roundup of great videos for entrepreneurs and business owners, Gary Vaynerchuk lays down some cold hard truths about social media in business, Marie Forleo drops 75 minutes’ worth of knowledge about overcoming procrastination, and Horn Hospitality Group CEO Matt Horn talks about finding purpose and turning that into a thriving business. Plus, Madison Reed CEO Amy Errett reveals the secret list…
In this week’s business video roundup, Peloton SVP Dara Treseder delivers a solid hour of leadership and business insights at Stanford GSB, Forbes’ Amy Blaschka talks about how to find inspiration when you’re in a rut, and Marie Forleo outlines a few simple pricing strategies to help you figure out if you’re charging enough and find your pricing sweet spot. Plus, Zara Terez Tisch…
In this week’s roundup of great videos for entrepreneurs and business owners, Marie Forleo reveals how to overcome decision paralysis and start a business from nothing, Nubank CEO David Vélez shares his business wisdom at Stanford GSB, and Bonobos co-founder Andy Dunn talks about destigmatizing mental health in entrepreneurship and the workplace. Plus, Michael Dell and other business leaders dish out advice to new…