The 3 Most Critical Components to Building a Business
Succeeding in business is often a combination of ingenuity, hard work, perseverance, and, yes, even luck. But there are a few things you can do to ensure that the odds are in your favor. Here are three things that are absolutely vital to building a successful business.
1. You must be passionate about your business! This level of passion requires genuine commitment and belief in your company’s mission. If you aren’t passionate about what you do, you can’t expect your employees to be passionate. Passion is contagious! Unfortunately, a lack of passion is also contagious. Without passion, neither you nor your employees are going to present a positive image to your customers. Passion starts with the business owner!
2. You must build a unique culture that identifies and recognizes your top-performing employees. This can be a formal process but, it has been my experience that an informal process can be much more meaningful to the employee receiving the recognition. If you want more of “IT,” reward “IT.” Here are a few ideas:
- small gift certificates for meals or entertainment
- a small surprise bonus
- an unscheduled day (or afternoon) off
- a small office celebration recognizing an employee’s achieved goal
3. You must strive to exceed your customers’ expectations. No matter what product or service you deliver, make sure that your business exceeds your customer’s expectation. Or go even further, PROVIDE FOR YOUR CUSTOMERS DESIRES AND UNRECOGINZED NEEDS. If you can achieve this level of customer satisfaction you’ll turn your customers into a network of testimonial-providing fanatics. The best salesman you’ll ever have is an enthusiastic customer that is thrilled, and beyond, with you and your business.
READ MORE FROM AMERICAN COMMERCIAL CAPITAL
In our latest roundup of great videos for entrepreneurs and business owners, Patrick Bet-David does a 30-minute Q&A about all things entrepreneurship; Gary Vaynerchuk talks to a dozen leaders from companies like Kroger, KFC, and Delta Air Lines about marketing in 2021; and Fast Company’s Pavithra Mohan offers a few tips on building a strong, collaborative remote workforce. Plus, Entrepreneur brings together a successful venture capitalist and an up-and-coming business…
In our latest business video roundup, Gary Vaynerchuk and Shark Tank’s Barbara Corcoran discuss the key factors that will drive business growth in 2021, Marie Forleo explains a simple pricing strategy that actually works, and Entrepreneur editor-in-chief Jason Feifer leads a talk on how to grow your business by finding new customers outside your local market. Plus, Keith Ferrazzi (consulting guru and bestselling author of Never Eat Alone) shares his…
In this week’s roundup of great videos for entrepreneurs and business owners, Gary Vaynerchuk talks about various growth strategies for 2021, Marie Forleo offers up tips on how to get more done in less time (without burning out), and Brian Tracy reveals five self-discipline hacks that will help you achieve more in the new year. Plus, Danny Meyer (founder of Shake Shack and Union Square Hospitality Group) discusses the future…