The 3 Most Critical Components to Building a Business
Succeeding in business is often a combination of ingenuity, hard work, perseverance, and, yes, even luck. But there are a few things you can do to ensure that the odds are in your favor. Here are three things that are absolutely vital to building a successful business.
1. You must be passionate about your business! This level of passion requires genuine commitment and belief in your company’s mission. If you aren’t passionate about what you do, you can’t expect your employees to be passionate. Passion is contagious! Unfortunately, a lack of passion is also contagious. Without passion, neither you nor your employees are going to present a positive image to your customers. Passion starts with the business owner!
2. You must build a unique culture that identifies and recognizes your top-performing employees. This can be a formal process but, it has been my experience that an informal process can be much more meaningful to the employee receiving the recognition. If you want more of “IT,” reward “IT.” Here are a few ideas:
- small gift certificates for meals or entertainment
- a small surprise bonus
- an unscheduled day (or afternoon) off
- a small office celebration recognizing an employee’s achieved goal
3. You must strive to exceed your customers’ expectations. No matter what product or service you deliver, make sure that your business exceeds your customer’s expectation. Or go even further, PROVIDE FOR YOUR CUSTOMERS DESIRES AND UNRECOGINZED NEEDS. If you can achieve this level of customer satisfaction you’ll turn your customers into a network of testimonial-providing fanatics. The best salesman you’ll ever have is an enthusiastic customer that is thrilled, and beyond, with you and your business.
READ MORE FROM AMERICAN COMMERCIAL CAPITAL
In this week’s roundup of great videos for entrepreneurs and business owners, Brian Tracy shares 10 tips for increasing your profits and sales, Flower Flash NYC founder Lewis Miller details his journey as an entrepreneur, and CNBC explores the rise and fall of one of the most successful clothing brands of the 2000s—American Apparel. Plus, Evan Carmichael has put together the top 10 rules for success from the 2020…
In our latest business video roundup, Patrick Bet-David goes over 10 situations every entrepreneur will face, Method co-founder Adam Lowry extolls the power of perseverance, and CNBC explores Wendy’s recent play to steal some market share from Burger King and McDonald’s. Plus, Marie Forleo and Brian Tracy each have illuminating videos with simple, research-based tactics to help you achieve your goals. Even if you’ve already failed your New Year’s resolutions,…
To get the year started off on the right foot, here’s another roundup of great videos for entrepreneurs and business owners of all stripes. Gary Vaynerchuk discusses the number one reason why you might need to fire your number one employee, Patrick Bet-David reveals some conversations you should have with your parents as an entrepreneur, and Brian Tracy advises on how to develop a clear vision for the year ahead.…