The 3 Most Critical Components to Building a Business
Succeeding in business is often a combination of ingenuity, hard work, perseverance, and, yes, even luck. But there are a few things you can do to ensure that the odds are in your favor. Here are three things that are absolutely vital to building a successful business.
1. You must be passionate about your business! This level of passion requires genuine commitment and belief in your company’s mission. If you aren’t passionate about what you do, you can’t expect your employees to be passionate. Passion is contagious! Unfortunately, a lack of passion is also contagious. Without passion, neither you nor your employees are going to present a positive image to your customers. Passion starts with the business owner!
2. You must build a unique culture that identifies and recognizes your top-performing employees. This can be a formal process but, it has been my experience that an informal process can be much more meaningful to the employee receiving the recognition. If you want more of “IT,” reward “IT.” Here are a few ideas:
- small gift certificates for meals or entertainment
- a small surprise bonus
- an unscheduled day (or afternoon) off
- a small office celebration recognizing an employee’s achieved goal
3. You must strive to exceed your customers’ expectations. No matter what product or service you deliver, make sure that your business exceeds your customer’s expectation. Or go even further, PROVIDE FOR YOUR CUSTOMERS DESIRES AND UNRECOGINZED NEEDS. If you can achieve this level of customer satisfaction you’ll turn your customers into a network of testimonial-providing fanatics. The best salesman you’ll ever have is an enthusiastic customer that is thrilled, and beyond, with you and your business.
READ MORE FROM AMERICAN COMMERCIAL CAPITAL
In this week’s roundup of great videos for entrepreneurs and business owners, Gary Vaynerchuk talks business with Tom Bilyeu, co-founder of Quest Nutrition and CEO of Impact Theory, and Marie Forleo talks marketing with Seth Godin, former dot-com business exec and bestselling author. Then Evan Carmichael shares six pieces of life-changing advice from Warren Buffett, Stanford GSB professor Huggy Rao discusses what employees really want, and PuroClean CEO Mark Davis…
Are you a boss or a leader? That’s one of the questions explored in this week’s roundup of great videos for entrepreneurs and business owners, and finding out the answer to that question could help you become a better manager and business owner overall. Also on deck: Marie Forleo drops four customer-service tips that will make your business stand out, Clear Automation CEO John Deblasio talks about the importance of…
In this week’s roundup of great videos for entrepreneurs and business owners, Lululemon founder Chip Wilson shares insights and business stories, Evan Carmichael lays out six skills that can help you to achieve success, and Horizon Pharma CEO Tim Walbert extols the virtues of having a diverse mindset. Plus, Brian Tracy shares four tips for building an international brand and world-famous pastry chef Dominique Ansel talks about how he comes…