The 3 Most Critical Components to Building a Business
Succeeding in business is often a combination of ingenuity, hard work, perseverance, and, yes, even luck. But there are a few things you can do to ensure that the odds are in your favor. Here are three things that are absolutely vital to building a successful business.
1. You must be passionate about your business! This level of passion requires genuine commitment and belief in your company’s mission. If you aren’t passionate about what you do, you can’t expect your employees to be passionate. Passion is contagious! Unfortunately, a lack of passion is also contagious. Without passion, neither you nor your employees are going to present a positive image to your customers. Passion starts with the business owner!
2. You must build a unique culture that identifies and recognizes your top-performing employees. This can be a formal process but, it has been my experience that an informal process can be much more meaningful to the employee receiving the recognition. If you want more of “IT,” reward “IT.” Here are a few ideas:
- small gift certificates for meals or entertainment
- a small surprise bonus
- an unscheduled day (or afternoon) off
- a small office celebration recognizing an employee’s achieved goal
3. You must strive to exceed your customers’ expectations. No matter what product or service you deliver, make sure that your business exceeds your customer’s expectation. Or go even further, PROVIDE FOR YOUR CUSTOMERS DESIRES AND UNRECOGINZED NEEDS. If you can achieve this level of customer satisfaction you’ll turn your customers into a network of testimonial-providing fanatics. The best salesman you’ll ever have is an enthusiastic customer that is thrilled, and beyond, with you and your business.
READ MORE FROM AMERICAN COMMERCIAL CAPITAL
In this week’s roundup of great videos for entrepreneurs and business owners, the CEO of Farmgirl Flowers reveals how transparency saved her business, Patrick Bet-David discusses why so many business plans fail, and Gary Vaynerchuk talks with Marie Forleo about building a business and a life that you love. Plus, a few tips on writing more effective emails from Steve Jobs and an in-depth exploration of why Dunkin’ Donuts…
In this week’s business video roundup, Gary Vaynerchuk discusses the business strategies you should be focusing on for the rest of the year in a mammoth 70-minute speech, Brian Tracy offers up six tips for new entrepreneurs, and CNBC explores why Canada’s fast-food giant Tim Hortons has failed to catch on in the United States. Plus, a few things business owners can learn from Jeff Bezos and the strategies he…
In this week’s roundup of great videos for entrepreneurs and business owners, Gary Vaynerchuk reveals the one business strategy that has always worked and always will; the founder of Manhattan bakery Flour Shop talks about what led to her company’s breakout success; and the CEO of Grove Collaborative explains how hiring someone with an unconventional background just might help your business grow. Plus, the latest episode of Entrepreneur Elevator Pitch…