The 3 Most Critical Components to Building a Business
Succeeding in business is often a combination of ingenuity, hard work, perseverance, and, yes, even luck. But there are a few things you can do to ensure that the odds are in your favor. Here are three things that are absolutely vital to building a successful business.
1. You must be passionate about your business! This level of passion requires genuine commitment and belief in your company’s mission. If you aren’t passionate about what you do, you can’t expect your employees to be passionate. Passion is contagious! Unfortunately, a lack of passion is also contagious. Without passion, neither you nor your employees are going to present a positive image to your customers. Passion starts with the business owner!
2. You must build a unique culture that identifies and recognizes your top-performing employees. This can be a formal process but, it has been my experience that an informal process can be much more meaningful to the employee receiving the recognition. If you want more of “IT,” reward “IT.” Here are a few ideas:
- small gift certificates for meals or entertainment
- a small surprise bonus
- an unscheduled day (or afternoon) off
- a small office celebration recognizing an employee’s achieved goal
3. You must strive to exceed your customers’ expectations. No matter what product or service you deliver, make sure that your business exceeds your customer’s expectation. Or go even further, PROVIDE FOR YOUR CUSTOMERS DESIRES AND UNRECOGINZED NEEDS. If you can achieve this level of customer satisfaction you’ll turn your customers into a network of testimonial-providing fanatics. The best salesman you’ll ever have is an enthusiastic customer that is thrilled, and beyond, with you and your business.
READ MORE FROM AMERICAN COMMERCIAL CAPITAL
If you’re a Houston-based entrepreneur who has been searching for ways to improve your business cash flow and get the capital you need to grow, chances are you’ve come across a dozen Houston factoring companies who all claim to be the answer to all your problems. Invoice factoring, for those who don’t know, is when a business sells its accounts receivable (invoices) to a third-party company at a discount. Factoring…
This week in great videos for entrepreneurs and business owners: Patrick-Bet David shares eight business-savvy conflict-resolution tips, Gary Vaynerchuk talks about three unconventional strategies to grow small businesses in 2019, and Amobee CEO Kim Perell lets entrepreneurs in on the secret to her success (one that everyone can learn to implement!). Plus, Entrepreneur offers up three tactics to shape your brand image and Inc. recommends eight helpful tech tools that…
In this week’s business video roundup, Gary Vaynerchuk talks about whether advertising via direct mail and the Yellow Pages is still effective in the age of the internet and social media. We also have Entrepreneur sharing three time-management tips for business owners, the CEO of Capriotti’s Sandwich Shop discussing how strong company values can drive success, and Mike Phillips explaining his five-step sales process and how to conduct effective sales-team…