The 3 Most Critical Components to Building a Business
Succeeding in business is often a combination of ingenuity, hard work, perseverance, and, yes, even luck. But there are a few things you can do to ensure that the odds are in your favor. Here are three things that are absolutely vital to building a successful business.
1. You must be passionate about your business! This level of passion requires genuine commitment and belief in your company’s mission. If you aren’t passionate about what you do, you can’t expect your employees to be passionate. Passion is contagious! Unfortunately, a lack of passion is also contagious. Without passion, neither you nor your employees are going to present a positive image to your customers. Passion starts with the business owner!
2. You must build a unique culture that identifies and recognizes your top-performing employees. This can be a formal process but, it has been my experience that an informal process can be much more meaningful to the employee receiving the recognition. If you want more of “IT,” reward “IT.” Here are a few ideas:
- small gift certificates for meals or entertainment
- a small surprise bonus
- an unscheduled day (or afternoon) off
- a small office celebration recognizing an employee’s achieved goal
3. You must strive to exceed your customers’ expectations. No matter what product or service you deliver, make sure that your business exceeds your customer’s expectation. Or go even further, PROVIDE FOR YOUR CUSTOMERS DESIRES AND UNRECOGINZED NEEDS. If you can achieve this level of customer satisfaction you’ll turn your customers into a network of testimonial-providing fanatics. The best salesman you’ll ever have is an enthusiastic customer that is thrilled, and beyond, with you and your business.
READ MORE FROM AMERICAN COMMERCIAL CAPITAL
If you’re a Houston-based entrepreneur who has been searching for ways to improve your business cash flow and get the capital you need to grow, chances are you’ve come across a dozen Houston factoring companies who all claim to be the answer to all your problems. Invoice factoring, for those who don’t know, is when a business sells its accounts receivable (invoices) to a third-party company at a discount. Factoring…
In this week’s business video roundup, America Online co-founder Steve Case tells the story of how a failed deal with Apple led to a rebrand and incredible success with AOL, WordPress co-founder Matt Mullenweg discusses how to measure productivity while working remotely, and Forbes asks the question, “When is the right time for your company to IPO?” Plus, CNBC explores how Tyson broke the meat supply chain (and what we…
In this week’s roundup of great videos for entrepreneurs and business owners, Gary Vaynerchuk talks shop with Salesforce Chief Digital Evangelist Vala Afshar, Droga5 CEO David Droga discusses the future of advertising, and Basecamp CEO Jason Fried ruminates on the future of office design in the wake of the pandemic. Plus, CNBC explores how Spotify rose to the top and continues to dominate Apple, Google, and Amazon in music—lessons in…