Houston Small Business Factoring Assistance
The successful entrepreneur always bases his or her business decisions on up-to-date financial reports. These reports provide a business owner with informative profit and loss feedback. A new entrepreneur should learn to read and interpret standardized financial statements such as an income statement and balance sheet. Utilization of these reports allow a business owner to optimize their business’s operations and maximize its profitability. It’s with that in mind that we put together this page of small business factoring resources.
Small Business Factoring Glossary
- Accounting – The theory and system of setting up, maintaining and auditing the books of a firm.
- Asset – Items of ownership convertible into cash.
- Cash Flow – Is simply the difference between cash flowing in and cash flowing out of the business.
- Equity – The monetary value of a property or business beyond any amounts owed on its mortgage, claims, liens etc.
- Gross Margin – The amount of contribution to the business enterprise, after paying for direct-fixed and direct-variable unit costs
- Liability – Monies owed, debts, financial obligations.
- Markup – Percentage increase in the price of goods to create a profit margin for a business