IRS Celebrates National Small Business Week with 10 Free Webinars for Entrepreneurs
With National Small Business Week in full swing, it’s a good time to remember to take advantage of the deals and opportunities available to small-business owners during this celebration of our country’s entrepreneurial backbone. While many companies are offering small-business owners discounts on products and services in honor of Small Business Week, the fun-loving bunch at the IRS is offering the gift of information to help your business prosper.
That’s right: the IRS has curated a collection of 10 free videos and webinars to help small-business owners and entrepreneurs navigate the sometimes-scary world of small-biz and self-employment taxes. I know it doesn’t sound like fun, but you know you need to brush up on some of this stuff. And you know it will benefit you and your business in the long run.
The 10 videos and webinars:
- Navigating the Small Business and Self-Employed Tax Center
- Ten Things to Ask Your Accountant – Webinar (Mar 31, 2015)
- Tips vs. Service Charges: What are they and how are they reported? – Webinar (Feb 11, 2015)
- Business Use of Your Home – Webinar (Sep 10, 2014)
- Depreciation Basics – Webinar (May 28, 2014)
- Avoiding the Biggest Tax Mistakes – Webinar (May 15, 2014)
- Payments to Independent Contractors – Webinar (May 13, 2014)
- Small Business Owners: Get All the Tax Benefits You Deserve – Webinar (June 18, 2013)
- Child & Day Care Provider Tax Compliance Assistance – Webinar (June 5, 2012)
- Small Business Taxes: The Virtual Workshop
You can find all of the above on this handy page:
Happy National Small Business Week!
READ MORE FROM AMERICAN COMMERCIAL CAPITAL
In this week’s business video roundup, Gary Vaynerchuk discusses the emotional skills you need to succeed, Business Insider explores the rise and fall of BlackBerry, and CNBC chronicles the ups and downs of several other once-popular tech gadgets and brands, revealing plenty of lessons for entrepreneurs and business owners to take to heart. Plus, the first two video episodes of the Restaurant Influencers podcast…
In this week’s roundup of great videos for entrepreneurs and business owners, Marie Forleo offers some terrific advice on how to make time for your creative pursuits (even with a full-time job or while running a business), Forbes documents the rise and fall of Better.com’s controversial CEO (a lesson in what not to do as a leader), and CNBC takes a look at the…
If you are a Houston-based entrepreneur who has been searching for ways to improve your business cash flow and get the capital you need to grow, chances are you’ve come across a dozen Houston factoring companies who all claim to be the answer to all your problems. Invoice factoring, to put it simply, is when a business sells its accounts receivable (invoices) to a…