IRS Celebrates National Small Business Week with 10 Free Webinars for Entrepreneurs
With National Small Business Week in full swing, it’s a good time to remember to take advantage of the deals and opportunities available to small-business owners during this celebration of our country’s entrepreneurial backbone. While many companies are offering small-business owners discounts on products and services in honor of Small Business Week, the fun-loving bunch at the IRS is offering the gift of information to help your business prosper.
That’s right: the IRS has curated a collection of 10 free videos and webinars to help small-business owners and entrepreneurs navigate the sometimes-scary world of small-biz and self-employment taxes. I know it doesn’t sound like fun, but you know you need to brush up on some of this stuff. And you know it will benefit you and your business in the long run.
The 10 videos and webinars:
- Navigating the Small Business and Self-Employed Tax Center
- Ten Things to Ask Your Accountant – Webinar (Mar 31, 2015)
- Tips vs. Service Charges: What are they and how are they reported? – Webinar (Feb 11, 2015)
- Business Use of Your Home – Webinar (Sep 10, 2014)
- Depreciation Basics – Webinar (May 28, 2014)
- Avoiding the Biggest Tax Mistakes – Webinar (May 15, 2014)
- Payments to Independent Contractors – Webinar (May 13, 2014)
- Small Business Owners: Get All the Tax Benefits You Deserve – Webinar (June 18, 2013)
- Child & Day Care Provider Tax Compliance Assistance – Webinar (June 5, 2012)
- Small Business Taxes: The Virtual Workshop
You can find all of the above on this handy page:
Happy National Small Business Week!
READ MORE FROM AMERICAN COMMERCIAL CAPITAL
In this week’s business video roundup, Patrick Bet-David explores 10 characteristics that make great CEOs, Gary Vaynerchuk has an illuminating roundtable with business owners in Nashville, and the CEO of Daybreaker talks about how one major failure ultimately led her to great success. Also on deck: CNBC explores why General Motors finally left Europe after suffering 20 years of losses and the CEO of dating app Hinge reveals one big…
In this week’s roundup of great videos for entrepreneurs and business owners, Gary Vaynerchuk dishes out 82 minutes’ worth of advice to business owners, Evan Carmichael presents five rock-solid business tips from Elon Musk, and Patrick Bet-David offers up a checklist of 10 questions to ask every consultant before you hire them. Plus, Best Buy CEO Hubert Joly talks about how his company has navigated the changing retail landscape over…
“Just generally as an entrepreneur, you have to think differently in order to be successful,” says Bridgewater Associates founder and chairman Ray Dalio. “There’s a high risk of being wrong—you have to be audacious, you have to think differently, you have to be confident.” In this week’s business video roundup, Dalio shares his thoughts on the current business landscape in an hour-long discussion at Stanford Graduate School of Business. Also…