IRS Celebrates National Small Business Week with 10 Free Webinars for Entrepreneurs
With National Small Business Week in full swing, it’s a good time to remember to take advantage of the deals and opportunities available to small-business owners during this celebration of our country’s entrepreneurial backbone. While many companies are offering small-business owners discounts on products and services in honor of Small Business Week, the fun-loving bunch at the IRS is offering the gift of information to help your business prosper.
That’s right: the IRS has curated a collection of 10 free videos and webinars to help small-business owners and entrepreneurs navigate the sometimes-scary world of small-biz and self-employment taxes. I know it doesn’t sound like fun, but you know you need to brush up on some of this stuff. And you know it will benefit you and your business in the long run.
The 10 videos and webinars:
- Navigating the Small Business and Self-Employed Tax Center
- Ten Things to Ask Your Accountant – Webinar (Mar 31, 2015)
- Tips vs. Service Charges: What are they and how are they reported? – Webinar (Feb 11, 2015)
- Business Use of Your Home – Webinar (Sep 10, 2014)
- Depreciation Basics – Webinar (May 28, 2014)
- Avoiding the Biggest Tax Mistakes – Webinar (May 15, 2014)
- Payments to Independent Contractors – Webinar (May 13, 2014)
- Small Business Owners: Get All the Tax Benefits You Deserve – Webinar (June 18, 2013)
- Child & Day Care Provider Tax Compliance Assistance – Webinar (June 5, 2012)
- Small Business Taxes: The Virtual Workshop
You can find all of the above on this handy page:
Happy National Small Business Week!
READ MORE FROM AMERICAN COMMERCIAL CAPITAL
In this week’s business video roundup, Stanford Graduate School of Business welcomes GAP Inc. CEO Sonia Syngal for their View from the Top interview series, Fast Company offers a few simple tips on keeping remote employees engaged and supported so that they stick around, and Inc.’s Eric Schurenberg has a nice long conversation with Vaynermedia CEO Gary Vaynerchuk about outworking the competition and building a hugely successful business empire. Plus,…
In this week’s roundup of great videos for entrepreneurs and business owners, Patrick Bet-David lists 20 reasons employees might quit on you, Gary Vaynerchuk and others deliver a lot of excellent advice in a mammoth two-hour episode of Marketing for the Now, and Dakin Sloss (founder of Prime Movers Lab) reveals a few simple steps on securing VC funding. Plus, Forbes offers a look at how two passionate entrepreneurs launched…
It’s been a rough week for most of us in Texas. We hope you and your family and loved ones are staying warm and have electricity, running water, and other necessities. If you need a little break and some terrific business insights and advice, look no further. In this week’s business video roundup, Fast Company’s Pavithra Mohan points out some time-management misconceptions that could be hindering your flow, Stanford GSB…