IRS Celebrates National Small Business Week with 10 Free Webinars for Entrepreneurs
With National Small Business Week in full swing, it’s a good time to remember to take advantage of the deals and opportunities available to small-business owners during this celebration of our country’s entrepreneurial backbone. While many companies are offering small-business owners discounts on products and services in honor of Small Business Week, the fun-loving bunch at the IRS is offering the gift of information to help your business prosper.
That’s right: the IRS has curated a collection of 10 free videos and webinars to help small-business owners and entrepreneurs navigate the sometimes-scary world of small-biz and self-employment taxes. I know it doesn’t sound like fun, but you know you need to brush up on some of this stuff. And you know it will benefit you and your business in the long run.
The 10 videos and webinars:
- Navigating the Small Business and Self-Employed Tax Center
- Ten Things to Ask Your Accountant – Webinar (Mar 31, 2015)
- Tips vs. Service Charges: What are they and how are they reported? – Webinar (Feb 11, 2015)
- Business Use of Your Home – Webinar (Sep 10, 2014)
- Depreciation Basics – Webinar (May 28, 2014)
- Avoiding the Biggest Tax Mistakes – Webinar (May 15, 2014)
- Payments to Independent Contractors – Webinar (May 13, 2014)
- Small Business Owners: Get All the Tax Benefits You Deserve – Webinar (June 18, 2013)
- Child & Day Care Provider Tax Compliance Assistance – Webinar (June 5, 2012)
- Small Business Taxes: The Virtual Workshop
You can find all of the above on this handy page:
Happy National Small Business Week!
READ MORE FROM AMERICAN COMMERCIAL CAPITAL
In this week’s business video roundup, Patrick Bet-David discusses how IBM founder Thomas J. Watson built a $200 billion empire, Forbes Unfiltered talks to Cherry Blossom Intimates CEO Jasmine Jones about the benefits of leading “beside” her employees, and Inc. managing editor Lindsay Blakely has a thoughtful yet lively conversation with Simon Sinek about leading through times of crisis. Plus, CNBC’s Elizabeth Schulze talks to economist Jim O’Neill (the former…
In our latest roundup of great videos for entrepreneurs and business owners, Patrick Bet-David goes over 10 business principles that could sharpen your game; Evan Carmichael explores the hiring process of Elon Musk, Mark Zuckerberg, Steve Jobs, and other business heavyweights; and Landry’s CEO and Houston Rockets owner Tilman Fertitta discusses being a cyclical player in business. Plus, Inc. offers some pointers on protecting your data when working from home…
In our latest business video roundup, experts give some quick advice for supporting employees upon reopening, the dean of Columbia Business School talks with former Honeywell International CEO David Cote about his new book Winning Now, Winning Later, and Samuel Leiter, MBA ’20 at Stanford Graduate School of Business, has some great tips on the necessary but tricky art of delegation. Plus, UpKeep CEO and founder Ryan Chan offers his…