IRS Celebrates National Small Business Week with 10 Free Webinars for Entrepreneurs
With National Small Business Week in full swing, it’s a good time to remember to take advantage of the deals and opportunities available to small-business owners during this celebration of our country’s entrepreneurial backbone. While many companies are offering small-business owners discounts on products and services in honor of Small Business Week, the fun-loving bunch at the IRS is offering the gift of information to help your business prosper.
That’s right: the IRS has curated a collection of 10 free videos and webinars to help small-business owners and entrepreneurs navigate the sometimes-scary world of small-biz and self-employment taxes. I know it doesn’t sound like fun, but you know you need to brush up on some of this stuff. And you know it will benefit you and your business in the long run.
The 10 videos and webinars:
- Navigating the Small Business and Self-Employed Tax Center
- Ten Things to Ask Your Accountant – Webinar (Mar 31, 2015)
- Tips vs. Service Charges: What are they and how are they reported? – Webinar (Feb 11, 2015)
- Business Use of Your Home – Webinar (Sep 10, 2014)
- Depreciation Basics – Webinar (May 28, 2014)
- Avoiding the Biggest Tax Mistakes – Webinar (May 15, 2014)
- Payments to Independent Contractors – Webinar (May 13, 2014)
- Small Business Owners: Get All the Tax Benefits You Deserve – Webinar (June 18, 2013)
- Child & Day Care Provider Tax Compliance Assistance – Webinar (June 5, 2012)
- Small Business Taxes: The Virtual Workshop
You can find all of the above on this handy page:
Happy National Small Business Week!
READ MORE FROM AMERICAN COMMERCIAL CAPITAL
In this week’s roundup of great videos for entrepreneurs and business owners, Brandless CEO Tina Sharkey talks about the importance of instilling your business with a sense of purpose, Chicken Soup for the Soul author Jack Canfield shares his formula for leadership success, and Elon Musk says the key to business longevity is building a strong team. Plus, Amplify’s Emily Richett recommends three apps to help streamline your business and…
“Empowering people to make decisions is how you scale,” Gary Vaynerchuk argues in one of this week’s essential videos for entrepreneurs and business owners. He advocates giving trust to employees rather than waiting for them to earn it. Also on deck: Brendon Burchard gives a two-hour live training session on hiring and building teams, Brian Tracy offers tips on how to build a brand and sell products internationally, and the…
This week’s video roundup explores a range of business topics, including how to sell your business at the highest possible value, why firing someone is sometimes beneficial for both parties, and how to decide when to quit the day job to fully pursue your business venture. Plus, Fulton Grace Realty founder TJ Rubin discusses the benefits of giving up some control to others and Kevin O’Leary talks about the necessity…