IRS Celebrates National Small Business Week with 10 Free Webinars for Entrepreneurs
With National Small Business Week in full swing, it’s a good time to remember to take advantage of the deals and opportunities available to small-business owners during this celebration of our country’s entrepreneurial backbone. While many companies are offering small-business owners discounts on products and services in honor of Small Business Week, the fun-loving bunch at the IRS is offering the gift of information to help your business prosper.
That’s right: the IRS has curated a collection of 10 free videos and webinars to help small-business owners and entrepreneurs navigate the sometimes-scary world of small-biz and self-employment taxes. I know it doesn’t sound like fun, but you know you need to brush up on some of this stuff. And you know it will benefit you and your business in the long run.
The 10 videos and webinars:
- Navigating the Small Business and Self-Employed Tax Center
- Ten Things to Ask Your Accountant – Webinar (Mar 31, 2015)
- Tips vs. Service Charges: What are they and how are they reported? – Webinar (Feb 11, 2015)
- Business Use of Your Home – Webinar (Sep 10, 2014)
- Depreciation Basics – Webinar (May 28, 2014)
- Avoiding the Biggest Tax Mistakes – Webinar (May 15, 2014)
- Payments to Independent Contractors – Webinar (May 13, 2014)
- Small Business Owners: Get All the Tax Benefits You Deserve – Webinar (June 18, 2013)
- Child & Day Care Provider Tax Compliance Assistance – Webinar (June 5, 2012)
- Small Business Taxes: The Virtual Workshop
You can find all of the above on this handy page:
Happy National Small Business Week!
READ MORE FROM AMERICAN COMMERCIAL CAPITAL
If you’re a Houston-based entrepreneur who has been searching for ways to improve your business cash flow and get the capital you need to grow, chances are you’ve come across a dozen Houston factoring companies who all claim to be the answer to all your problems. Invoice factoring, for those who don’t know, is when a business sells its accounts receivable (invoices) to a third-party company at a discount. Factoring…
This week in great videos for entrepreneurs and business owners: Patrick-Bet David shares eight business-savvy conflict-resolution tips, Gary Vaynerchuk talks about three unconventional strategies to grow small businesses in 2019, and Amobee CEO Kim Perell lets entrepreneurs in on the secret to her success (one that everyone can learn to implement!). Plus, Entrepreneur offers up three tactics to shape your brand image and Inc. recommends eight helpful tech tools that…
In this week’s business video roundup, Gary Vaynerchuk talks about whether advertising via direct mail and the Yellow Pages is still effective in the age of the internet and social media. We also have Entrepreneur sharing three time-management tips for business owners, the CEO of Capriotti’s Sandwich Shop discussing how strong company values can drive success, and Mike Phillips explaining his five-step sales process and how to conduct effective sales-team…