Houston Small Business Factoring Assistance
The successful entrepreneur always bases his or her business decisions on up-to-date financial reports. These reports provide a business owner with informative profit and loss feedback. A new entrepreneur should learn to read and interpret standardized financial statements such as an income statement and balance sheet. Utilization of these reports allow a business owner to optimize their business’s operations and maximize its profitability.
Small Business Factoring Glossary
- Accounting - The theory and system of setting up, maintaining and auditing the books of a firm.
- Asset - Items of ownership convertible into cash.
- Cash Flow - Is simply the difference between cash flowing in and cash flowing out of the business.
- Equity - The monetary value of a property or business beyond any amounts owed on its mortgage, claims, liens etc.
- Gross Margin - The amount of contribution to the business enterprise, after paying for direct-fixed and direct-variable unit costs
- Liability - Monies owed, debts, financial obligations.
- Markup - Percentage increase in the price of goods to create a profit margin for a business