The 3 Most Critical Components to Building a Business
Succeeding in business is often a combination of ingenuity, hard work, perseverance, and, yes, even luck. But there are a few things you can do to ensure that the odds are in your favor. Here are three things that are absolutely vital to building a successful business.
1. You must be passionate about your business! This level of passion requires genuine commitment and belief in your company's mission. If you aren't passionate about what you do, you can't expect your employees to be passionate. Passion is contagious! Unfortunately, a lack of passion is also contagious. Without passion, neither you nor your employees are going to present a positive image to your customers. Passion starts with the business owner!
2. You must build a unique culture that identifies and recognizes your top-performing employees. This can be a formal process but, it has been my experience that an informal process can be much more meaningful to the employee receiving the recognition. If you want more of "IT," reward "IT." Here are a few ideas:
- small gift certificates for meals or entertainment
- a small surprise bonus
- an unscheduled day (or afternoon) off
- a small office celebration recognizing an employee's achieved goal
3. You must strive to exceed your customers' expectations. No matter what product or service you deliver, make sure that your business exceeds your customer's expectation. Or go even further, PROVIDE FOR YOUR CUSTOMERS DESIRES AND UNRECOGINZED NEEDS. If you can achieve this level of customer satisfaction you'll turn your customers into a network of testimonial-providing fanatics. The best salesman you'll ever have is an enthusiastic customer that is thrilled, and beyond, with you and your business.
READ MORE FROM AMERICAN COMMERCIAL CAPITAL
This week's video roundup includes Gary Vaynerchuk and MissionU CEO Adam Braun discussing delegation and other business topics, Brian Tracy exploring five common myths about success, and Patrick Bet-David explaining how to position your company to dominate an industry. Plus, Evan Carmichael presents the top 10 rules of success according to former Primerica CEO John Addison. Read more
If you need a little inspiration and motivation to start your week, here are five videos that we hope will help. We've got Gary Vaynerchuk discussing what makes a great manager, Evan Carmichael laying out seven habits of successful people, and Ryan Meczyk of Norman Distribution on engaging with your customers and the importance of small wins. Plus, Patrick Bet-David goes over the 10 dumbest mistakes entrepreneurs make with money and two Stanford Graduate School of Business professors discuss the power of storytelling in building a successful brand. Read more
This week's roundup of helpful videos for entrepreneurs and small-business owners includes Gary Vaynerchuk and Jessica Alba on building a business empire, Brian Tracy on the three biggest leadership mistakes people make (and how to avoid them), and Brendon Burchard on how to stay motivated. Then Marie Forleo takes staying motivated one step further and delves into finding the courage to keep going when you feel like throwing in the towel. Finally, Evan Carmichael presents the Top 10 Rules of Success for entrepreneur, bestselling author, and TV personality Mel Robbins. Read more