The 3 Most Critical Components to Building a Business
Succeeding in business is often a combination of ingenuity, hard work, perseverance, and, yes, even luck. But there are a few things you can do to ensure that the odds are in your favor. Here are three things that are absolutely vital to building a successful business.
1. You must be passionate about your business! This level of passion requires genuine commitment and belief in your company's mission. If you aren't passionate about what you do, you can't expect your employees to be passionate. Passion is contagious! Unfortunately, a lack of passion is also contagious. Without passion, neither you nor your employees are going to present a positive image to your customers. Passion starts with the business owner!
2. You must build a unique culture that identifies and recognizes your top-performing employees. This can be a formal process but, it has been my experience that an informal process can be much more meaningful to the employee receiving the recognition. If you want more of "IT," reward "IT." Here are a few ideas:
- small gift certificates for meals or entertainment
- a small surprise bonus
- an unscheduled day (or afternoon) off
- a small office celebration recognizing an employee's achieved goal
3. You must strive to exceed your customers' expectations. No matter what product or service you deliver, make sure that your business exceeds your customer's expectation. Or go even further, PROVIDE FOR YOUR CUSTOMERS DESIRES AND UNRECOGINZED NEEDS. If you can achieve this level of customer satisfaction you'll turn your customers into a network of testimonial-providing fanatics. The best salesman you'll ever have is an enthusiastic customer that is thrilled, and beyond, with you and your business.
READ MORE FROM AMERICAN COMMERCIAL CAPITAL
If you're a Houston-based entrepreneur who has been searching for ways to improve your business cash flow and get the capital you need to grow, chances are you've come across a dozen Houston factoring companies who all claim to be the answer to all your problems. Invoice factoring, for those who don't know, is when a business sells its accounts receivable (invoices) to a third-party company at a discount. Factoring helps prevent business cash-flow problems by allowing a business to get paid on invoices immediately rather than wait the typical 30 to 90 days to receive a client payment. This eliminates cash-flow restrictions and helps small businesses stay ahead of the game and grow to the next level. Read more
This week, Marie Forleo offers advice on getting started right now instead of waiting for the right moment, Brendon Burchard reveals strategies for following through on your goals, and Gary Vaynerchuk and Erik Wahl (author of The Spark and the Grind) talk about creativity in business. Plus, Evan Carmichael presents Y Combinator president Sam Altman's Top 10 Rules for Success and the guys behind Hard Money Bankers lay out five steps to launching a new business. Read more
This week's roundup of great videos for entrepreneurs and small-business owners includes Gary Vaynerchuk and Tony Robbins discussing a range of topics, Marie Forleo suggesting that you should probably stop comparing yourself to others, and Brian Tracy outlining what exactly makes a successful salesperson. We also have Ben & Jerry's CEO Jostein Solheim discussing "conscious capitalism" and mega-successful restaurateur Cameron Mitchell sharing some excellent advice for all entrepreneurs. Read more